DETOX BUDDHA BOWL WITH GARLIC CASHEW CREAM
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 c butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small head of broccoli [cut into florets]
- 1 bunch kale [stems removed and roughly chopped]
- 1 c millet [cooked in bone broth or vegetable broth]
Garlic Turmeric Cashew Cream
- 1/2 c cashews [soaked at a minimum 4 hours or overnight*]
- 2-3 small cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1/2 c water [you may want less or more, so don’t add it in all at once]
Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
Toss the butternut squash with 1 Tbsp oil, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and place a parchment lined baking sheet into the oven to roast.
After about 15 minutes the squash should be starting to get tender, add the broccoli florets and toss them a bit to get coated with a little oil.
Continue roasting for another 15-20 minutes or so until the squash is tender and the broccoli is tender. Continue baking to preference.
Meanwhile, add kale to a skillet over medium heat with remaining Tbsp oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Cook for 1-3 minutes or until tender.
Make the cashew cream sauce: drain and rinse your cashews, add the cashews and all of the other ingredients to your high speed blender and process until smooth and creamy.
Assemble your bowls. Start with a small bed of your grain. Layer on the kale, then add the butternut squash and broccoli and drizzle the cashew cream over top.
*if I forget to soak my cashews, I will pour boiling water over the cashews and let them sit for 15-20 minutes.