It’s peak zucchini season again! An indulgent twist on a summer staple, my chocolate chip zucchini muffins combine dreamy dark chocolate, zesty sea salt, and an entire zucchini. Go on! What are you waiting for! Dive into allll the ooey-gooey goodness and prance away knowing you didn’t just punch your ticket to the blood sugar roller coaster. Turns out these little guys keep you grounded and nourished.
ooey gooey choc-zucchini muffins
servings: 12 + macros: 0V + 0P + 1C + 1F
- 1 cup almond butter [unsweetened]
- 1/3 cup honey OR monk fruit sweetener[Lakanto]
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder [unsweetened]
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg [whisked]
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini [wrung out to "dry"] about 2 small zucchini
- 1/4-1/2 cup dark chocolate chips [plus more for topping, if desired]
- flaky sea salt [to taste]
Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 12-cup muffin tin with silicone OR parchment paper cups. Set aside.
Then, add almond butter, honey OR monkfruit, cocoa powder, 1/4 tsp sea salt, baking soda, egg and vanilla extract to a large bowl. Stir to combine.
Next, fold in zucchini and chocolate chips with a spatula until fully incorporated.
Pour batter evenly into each muffin cup, top with additional chocolate chips [if desired] and a pinch of flaky sea salt.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool slightly before enjoying!